Deadline: May 1, 2012
2. Be able to demonstrate sustained involvement in the American Indian community and sustained commitment to American Indian concerns and initiatives
3. Be admitted to a graduate program in library and/or information sciences, accredited by the American Library Association
4. Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours each semester of the year of the scholarship award.
2. Enclosed with the application must be two letters of recommendation; letters should reference applicant's academic abilities, potential for professional development and contributions as a librarian, and demonstrated commitment to supporting the concerns and initiatives of the American Indian populace.
3. Enclose evidence of enrollment in a federally recognized tribe or Alaska village or similar official documentation.
4. Attach personal statement which addresses past and future sustained involvement in American Indian communities (not to exceed 500 words).
5. Attach resume
6. Send completed application package to:
Chair, AILA Scholarship Review Board
Drexel University Libraries
3300 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
2. Completed application forms will be distributed to the Scholarship committee by June 1 of each year; the committee will convene prior to the AILA Annual Business Meeting to select the scholarship recipient. The scholarship recipient will be announced at the Annual Business Meeting.
3. The scholarship check will be distributed to the recipient by August 15; proof of enrollment for fall semester in accredited library science program must be provided to the Scholarship Committee before check will be distributed to recipient.
2. AILA will offer at least $1000 in annually. In 2012, AILA is offering one $2000 scholarship.
3. In the event that no applicants can satisfy the above requirements in a given year, no scholarship will be awarded, with the option to grant two scholarships the following year.
4. Scholarship recipients are eligible to reapply for the scholarship in a subsequent year, but may not receive a scholarship award for more than 2 consecutive years.
5. AILA may ask recipient to report on library school experience for the AILA newsletter.
6. Recipient will receive complimentary one-year student membership to AILA.
7. Total scholarship awards of $600 or more from AILA in one calendar year are subject to federal income tax.